As Georgia remains under a State of Emergency and families begin to return to the area, SCCPSS remains in an assessment and recovery mode. It is estimated that recovery procedures will take up to 3 days to stabilize all school operations, and to allow staff and families the appropriate time to safely return to their homes.
School officials continue to assess district conditions and are working to prepare all facilities, school buses, and food services for safe re-entry and school opening.
Classes will resume on Monday, September 18, 2017 for students.
SCCPSS staff will return to work on a staggered re-entry. At this time, only essential staff are to report as directed by his or her Supervisor. Additional return to work notices for remaining staff will be provided in a future announcement.
- · Tuesday (9/12) & Wednesday (9/13): Essential staff are to report as directed by his or her Supervisor.
Staff will return to work on a staggered re-entry based on the following dates:
- Tuesday (9/12) & Wednesday (9/13): Essential staff are to report as directed by his or her Supervisor.
- Thursday (9/14): School Principals are expected to return and must be present for building coverage.
- Thursday (9/14): Assistant Principals, and the Custodial Team, including all 260 Day Employees, 229 Day Employees, and 219 Day Employees will report to work.
- **Friday (9/15): Teachers and all remaining staff will return on Friday 9/15. **Depending on facility conditions on Friday, staff at some schools may be required to report to another location and will be notified by his or her supervisor.
- Monday (9/18): Students return to class. All staff will be on duty.