Disney has debuted the video for Ariana Grande and John Legend’s take on the classic "Beauty and the Beast" track originally performed by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson.
The Grande and Legend collaboration brings a new dimension to the beloved classic, first produced for Disney’s 1991 animated feature, Beauty and the Beast.
- The current video has Beast and Belle spinning around the ballroom as Legend plays piano and sings his half of the song in the background.
- Grande sings and channels the rose at the center of the tale in her red organza gown, surrounded by backup dancers with red petal dresses of their own.
- The live-action film Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as Beast, will be released March 17th.
- Dion and Bryson’s version of song won two Grammys, a Golden Globe and an Oscar.
- In other Beauty and the Beast news, director Bill Condon made the much buzzed-about move to create a new subplot for Gaston’s sidekick LeFou (played by Josh Gad).
- LeFou is the first openly gay character in a Disney movie. On Sunday, Condon addressed the issued at a press conference, saying:
- “I talked before about how we translate this into live-action. That means building out the characters. It’s also a translation to 2017, you know? And what is the movie about? What has this story always been about for 300 years? It’s about looking closer, going deeper, accepting people for who they really are.”