- Effingham County Public Schools - The Effingham County School System will be CLOSED for all staff and students tomorrow, Friday, September 8th through Tuesday, September 12th. In addition, all school related activities are canceled effective tomorrow through Tuesday, September 12th.Please continue to follow this Facebook page as well as our district webpage for additional updates and helpful information.
- Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools: There will be no school Friday, Monday or Tuesday for Savannah-Chatham County Public School System students to allow our families time to make preparations for potentially dangerous conditions associated with Hurricane Irma. Only essential staff will be required to work on Friday and will be notified by his or her Supervisor. Please continue to monitor this page and SCCPSS.com for further notifications as conditions warrant
- Georgia Southern University: GSU will be closed Friday, Sept. 8th through Tuesday, Sept. 12th. Click HERE for more information
- Liberty County Public Schools - Liberty County Schools to Close for Hurricane IrmaDue to the possibility of extreme weather conditions associated with Hurricane Irma, the Liberty County School System will be closed to both staff and students Friday, September 8th through Tuesday, September 12th. This cancellation includes all athletic and after school activities. Staff and students should plan to report back to work on Wednesday, September 13th unless notified otherwise. The latest information will be posted to the Liberty County School System website as well as LCSS social media outlets.Thank you for your continued suppor
- Technical College of the Lowcountry - Due to the threat of Hurricane Irma, all classes at the Technical College of the Lowcountry are canceled beginning at noon, today, Thursday, September 7, until further notice. Please continue to check www.tcl.edu/emergency for the latest information.
- Benedictine: Friday, September 8th, will be a half-day of school with dismissal at 12:33 p.m. with a grab-and-go lunch. School will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11.
- SCAD: The Savannah College of Art and Design has postponed the start of the Fall 2017 quarter due to the unpredictability of Major Hurricane Irma’s path. SCAD is postponing the start of classes for Savannah, Atlanta, and eLearning for one week.
- Armstrong State: Main campus in Savannah and the Liberty Center in Hinesville will close Thursday at 5 p.m. Residence halls will close Friday at 9 a.m. All residential students must leave campus as a precaution. The university will have transportation available to take residential students to a safe location. Classes will be canceled and campus will be closed Friday through Tuesday. All events canceled through Tuesday.
- Savannah State University: Classes will be canceled Friday through Tuesday. Residential students can begin to evacuate Thursday. All residential halls will close no later than Saturday morning. Campus will be closed from noon on Saturday through Tuesday.
- Urban Christian Academy: Closed all day Thursday, Friday, and Monday, along with the daycare center.
- Ash Tree Learning Center: Half day Thursday. Students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. No school Friday through Monday.
- iHeart Media Savannah office closed on Friday, open TBD. Our radio stations will continue to air updated Hurricane and Recovery information. Please email any pertinent info you may have HERE, or post it on our facebook page. You may also try calling 912-947-1290.
- Fort Pulaski is closed indefinitely.
- Gulfstream: Savannah and Brunswick's facilities closed 9/8-9/10 in preparation for Hurricane Irma. Only personnel essential to hurricane preparedness will be asked to report.
- Southeastern Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates: CLOSED FRIDAY, MONDAY, and TUESDAY ( 9/8 – 9/12/17). If weather permits, we will reopen on Wednesday 09/13/17.
- AMBUCS Bowling League: closed Saturday
Mighty Eighth Museum Closure for Hurricane Irma -
(POOLER, GA) The National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force will be closing due to Hurricane Irma on Friday, September 8 at NOON. A date for reopening has not been decided yet and will depend on the circumstances surrounding the storm.
Reopening will be announced on the museum’s facebook page.
The 2017 Tunnel to Towers 5k Run & Walk Savannah has been canceled.
- HCSO Victim Advocate 3K Walk and Fun Day has been postponed due to the possible severe weather conditions associated with Hurricane Irma. The event will be rescheduled and announced at a later date.
- Pooler’s 2017 Patriot Weekend Festival is canceled.
Please note that Savannah Children's Museum will be closed to the general public beginning Thursday, September 7th until further notice due to Hurricane Irma. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will join us during our regular business hours upon reopening.
Please visit our Coastal Heritage Society Facebook page for the most up-to-date information about additional closures happening at our sites. We encourage everyone in the impact zone of Hurricane Irma to stay safe and take the appropriate precautions.
WHAT: Savannah Children's Museum closed beginning Thursday until further noticeWHEN: Thursday, September 7th. WHERE: Savannah Children's Museum
Please note that on Saturday, September 9th, our "Healthy Me" event at Savannah Children's Museum will be canceled due to Hurricane Irma. Healthy Me is a day of healthy living and family fun, showcasing our many health and wellness programs and great community partnerships.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please visit our Coastal Heritage Society Facebook page for the most up-to-date information about additional closures and cancellations happening at our sites. We encourage everyone in the impact zone of Hurricane Irma to stay safe and take the appropriate precautions.
WHAT: "Healthy Me" canceled due to Hurricane IrmaWHEN: September 9, 2017 WHERE: Savannah Children's Museum