9/3/2019 at 1:30 pm
- A mandatory evacuation was ordered for Hilton Head Island and all areas of Beaufort County on (Monday), September 2, 2019 beginning at 12:00 p.m. The mandatory evacuation is still in effect at this time.
- Hilton Head Island is currently under a Tropical Storm warning, a Hurricane watch, and a storm surge warning.
- Emergency services response will continue to operate as long as safe to do so.
- The Cross Island toll fees will be lifted during the evacuation.
- Traffic is moving freely across all Beaufort County Roads.
- The Hilton Head Island bridges will not close unless Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office determine that the winds will make traveling across the bridges dangerous.
- Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office personnel are actively patrolling all areas and state that criminal activity will not be tolerated.
- The closest evacuation shelter available for Beaufort County residents is Ridgeland-Hardeeville High School (250 Jaguar Trail, Ridgeland SC) is now open. This is a pet-friendly shelter, if you bring your pet, you are required to bring a crate, a leash, and pet food. Other evacuation shelter locations will be available on scemd.org and in the SC Emergency Manager mobile app.
- Those who require a special medical needs shelter are asked to contact the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) hotline at 855-472-3432 for assistance.
- Palmetto Breeze will have a bus beginning at 10:00 a.m. this morning at the former Sam’s Club parking lot (95 Mathews Drive) for evacuation to a shelter. For additional pick up locations and times please call Palmetto Breeze at 843-757-5782.
- To report price gouging go to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-737-3953. Include the following information: time, place, address, and name of the gas station; price you paid, prices nearby and the same information on those stations; pictures that identify the station and price; your name and contact information.
- Georgia officials have announced that lane reversal has begun on I-16 this morning, September 3rd.
- Georgia DOT is closing the Talmadge Memorial Bridge on US 17 in Savannah-Chatham County at 8:00 p.m. tonight, September 3rd. At this time, it’s unknown when the bridge will re-open.
- All Town of Hilton Head Island government offices, facilities, and all Town Parks, Beaufort County government offices and schools will be closed today, September 3, 2019 and will re-open on a date to be determined. All Town Council and committee meetings are also cancelled until further notice.
- The Hilton Head Island Airport will remain open until airlines cancel flights due to weather. If you have a flight in or out of Hilton Head Island Airport check in with your airline for flight cancellations.
- The Hilton Head Hospital is planning to close at 3:00 p.m. today, September 3rd. Coastal Carolina Hospital (1000 Medical Center Dr. Hardeeville, SC) and Beaufort Memorial Hospital (955 Ribaut Rd. Beaufort, SC) will remain open for emergencies only. Please note hospitals are not public shelters and will not have the resources to operate as such during an emergency.
- Stay informed - #DorianHHI is the hashtag the Town of Hilton Head Island is using when posting to Social Media websites.